Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm sorry Cathy, but that was just weakness on your part

Your clever song lyrics do not change my mind...if anything they just annoyingly weaken my resolve to stop caring. Yes, I know, his smile can destroy an entire world if it wanted to, but I can't let that world be me. It was almost me. I'm trying to stay strong and withstand the fire. The rules DO apply, never have they applied more. So be quiet silly woman! You gave in to his smile, and look where it got you...I refuse to go down that same path.

Lyrics that I'm referring too:

True: i tend to follow on his stride, instead of side by side, I take his cue. True: but there's no question, there's no doubt, I said I'd stick it out and follow through. And when I do, he smiles, and where else can I go? I didn't know the rules did not apply...

From "A Part of That" from The Last Five Years

No comments: